Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reapex
Life Of The Party

re: NA Server up/down during winter storm and ddos attack 2/11

Hi everyone,

More than likely due to the winter storm, Guild Wars 2 North American Servers up and down sporadically.  I added Tofu's server status link to the left side of our homepage.   I believe we are on US Server 1 on the list.   The European GW2 servers are working fine.    The server page does not update automatically so you will have to click the refresh button on your browser.    Our TS3 is up and running if you wish to come on.  Also, the shoutbox can be used to communicate with other guildies if you are signed into the site.    I never thought I would have to do a weather advisory but please stay safe during this winter storm, avoid driving if you can, and if your work place allows you to telecommute I advise doing so.    

UPDATES:

This just in, some people believe this is a DDOS (denial of service attack) against various ISPs:

http://rt.com/news/biggest-ddos-us-cloudflare-557/

Shin also reminded us, that today is the political "We Fight Back Campaign" against governmental spying.  It could be the DDoS hacker is just trying to take advantage of this campaign taking place on the same day.   

I have no idea if this is what is affecting GW2 or the storm not sure.   It is true that non US players are staying connected longer than USA players in game.  I would recommend avoiding LA, as much as possible, since everyone will be loading in there when the servers come back online.

ReapeX

Last edited by reapex on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

re: NA Server up/down during winter storm and ddos attack 2/11

Power is back darn storm was approx 35 hours without power XD

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum