Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reapex
Life Of The Party

re: GW1 Alliances may return to GW2 but with a HUGE twist!

Even though world linking has brought world populations closer together, it is impossible for us to get populations and coverage any closer because the current worlds do not give us the granularity needed to do that. This is why, in the new World Restructuring system, we will remove all players from their current worlds, and make new worlds every eight weeks. This will create more granular pieces, which allow us to avoid dead time zone situations.
If the reception is not great for this system, then the other alternative is most likely to continue World Linking. Even though making a choice between the two systems might seem like too drastic a change for some people, we have been exploring other designs to deal with WvW populations for years and we believe that World Restructuring or World Linking are the only solutions that meet our requirements. Simply "blowing up" worlds or removing people from the worlds on which they currently play is high risk (which is why we have avoided it for so long), and the only reason we are considering World Restructuring now is because it allows players to maintain and continue to build some of the communities they've created through the years.Read More:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring

Wow, those are some Really Big Changes they're proposing. 

I know I'd miss the, umm, stability of having a "home server" - Fort Aspenwood will always be my home in this game. I do like the reintroduction of alliances though. Bah, going to need a lot more information on this. I'm glad they're saying they aren't going to rush into this.

The comments on the post are interesting, many bringing up valid points and concerns I had not considered (10 pages and counting after only a few hours. with Anet people responding promptly). Well worth reading through if you are at all interested in WvW.

Thanks for posting this, Reap image

Agreed, will need more information and you're welcome. :D

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum