Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reapex
Life Of The Party

re: Orphan Warband and Death of Marjory

Hi everyone, 

at one time in the living story development Marjory was suppose to die.   Several players believe the living story ending was changed when Moredremoth was leaked last year.   No one knows for sure but this is the audio clip for the alternate end to the living story:

https://soundcloud.com/that_shaman/from-the-cutting-room-floor

If you want to know more about the alternate living story, click view post or click on this post topic title.  I'll add more information there.

Last edited by reapex on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

re: Orphan Warband and Death of Marjory

The following is supposedly data mined from a player by the name of That_Shaman, there is no confirmation that this dialogue is actually true or not:

On the breach maker

Jory and Kas are alone with you on the breach maker, they've been separated from Braham, Rox and Taimi (who's somehow in LA and needs to be saved again). Kasmeer utters the line "We need to find Scarlet" on which Scarlet reveals herself with the cheesiest line of all: "You don't find me, I find you".

After a bit of fighting scarlet manages to capture Jory in some sort of binding spell: "You'll find that I'm a better host than the dragons.. they don't take prisoners". At this moment Jory enrages, Kasmeer warns her not to taunt Scarlet in which Scarlet retorts "Yes don't taunt her Jory". This enrages Jory even more: "Stay away from Kas you monster! I will kill.." and then she gets blown up, dead as a dodo, pushing the daisies. Gone.

Everything else plays out like it did before, you defeat Scarlet with your stomp, and the breach maker hits the leyline.

Some of the aftermath "battle quotes" of Kasmeer that still can be found in the dat file just after Jory dies:

WhoWhat
Kasmeer Finally I will see my Jory again.
Kasmeer Give Jory my love.
Kasmeer Is that death, come to take me too?
Kasmeer I walk alone!
Kasmeer I miss Marjory, I'm half empty without her

Dead end bar epilogue

Everybody mourns the loss of Jory. Logan enters the bar and wonders why it's decorated for wintersday "Jory wanted it like this" Kasmeer replies. Logan continues to tell her he's sorry for her loss, and that he knows how she feels "when I lost my brother..." (not cool Logan). Kasmeer has to interupt him twice with a stern "Thank you" until he realizes he's being an inappropriate ass.

Taimi shows up to give her condolences as well, Braham gets angry wanting her to leave because he feels he could've protected Jory if Taimi wasn't screwing around all the time.

The following lines are the only ones still left over in the dat file:

WhoWhat
Kasmeer Are you really out of Rytlock's warband?
Rox I am. But it's my decision. When I had to choose between protecting Braham and killing Scarlet for the warband, I didn't hesitate.
Kasmeer You're a good friend, Rox.
Kasmeer We'll be your warband now. People can call us the Orphan Warband.
Rox Or like Destiny's Edge, we can be "Destiny's Orphans."
Kasmeer There's something poetic about that.
WhoWhat
Taimi Why are you mad at me?
Braham (sigh) I'm not. I'm mad at myself because I should have been here when Scarlet showed up.
Taimi One time, I was so busy with an experiment that I forgot to feed my pet rat for a whole week. It died.
Braham Then you know how I feel.
Taimi Definitely. I loved that rat.
Taimi Now that Scarlet's dead, what are you going to do?
Braham I don't know. I think it's time to think about Mordremoth. Our friend there is convinced it's a threat.
Taimi Like Zhaitan?
Braham Maybe worse.
WhoWhat
Taimi What do you know about Mordremoth?
Braham I know it's connected to the jungle.
Taimi It'll be a serious threat to everyone now that it's awake.
Taimi And its corruption will spread.
Braham Hm. All the more reason to put it down.
WhoWhat
Braham Do you think Rytlock is going to be mad?
Rox Probably. He'll probably be disappointed in me.
Rox However, I'm a gladium. I don't have to report to the legions if I don't want to. I can make my own decisions.
Braham Well, if he tries to drag you away or kill you, I'll protect you.
Rox He won't. But thanks, Braham.
Braham Are you sorry you didn't kill Scarlet? That you might not get in the warband?
Rox I won't get in the warband. And no, I'm not sorry. I'd make the same choice today, tomorrow, and a year from now.
Braham I thought you wanted to be in his warband.
Rox Not as much as I want to be here with you, Kasmeer, and the rest of our friends.
Braham Have you talked to Rytlock?
Rox No. He hasn't asked me to report to him yet.
Braham Will you go when he does?
Rox I don't know.

To put it mildly, I like the current ending better. There were a lot of hints before that they actually wanted to kill Jory - for example, in January all living story characters got a bunch of lines announcing every festival - except her.

But let this be a warning as well: NEVER EVER trust data-mined stuff things will change.

==============================================================

The full posting to this topic is on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/20w3zg/spoilers_how_the_living_story_ending_was_changed/

Have fun everyone :D

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum