Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reapex
Life Of The Party

re: Guild Event Update

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for making the guild events great fun! We really enjoy hosting the events and bringing everyone together for laughs :D. I do have one request, there are times people may not know what the guild event is and log in late. Feel free to tell people what the event is and tell them they can find out more information on our guild calendar.

Also, for those that ask please understand that when asking what the event is, where its at, what level is required, or etc, I may just refer you to the event calendar. This is not because I want to promote the site (even though is awesome with all the content everyone has added) but its because running an event smoothly requires a lot from the host.

I know not everyone knows what goes into hosting the event. In general, the event host is answering questions in: Guild Chat, Squad Chat, Whispers, TS3 Text Messages, and TS3 voice messages all during the course of the event. So if the event host ever says check the site, its to give detailed information about the event without having to wait for it to be typed or spoken about vocally. It becomes more difficult to relay information when several people ask similar questions about the event subsequently (copy and paste will only go so far XD). So please, if you know what the event is feel free to answer others that ask what the event is and remind them more information is on our calendar. No login is required to see guild events. There are guildies that are already helping by telling others what the event is and referring them to the site, thank you. Happy

I was given the suggestion to post basic guild event information in the guild announcement. That way the event host can tell others to refer to the announcement message. There is limited room in the guild announcement, I'll do my best to update the announcement and the calendar. Arenanet has stated they will add a calendar for guilds in game, until they do this we will continue post detailed event information on the site.

Thank you for your time and making DRMS an awesome guild :D

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum