Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sognatori Di Tramonto [DRMS] Forum Index -> NEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reapex
Life Of The Party

re: For WoW Players That Are New to GW2

Hi everyone,

I never once thought I would make a post in relation to WoW but time to break that.   For anyone that has WoW friends that believes GW2 is a clone or they don't understand how to play Guild Wars 2 show them this video:

Yes, this video was made in 2011 but it still consistent to the way Guild Wars 2 is now.  Players, have found a way to do healers/tanks/dps specifications but as a whole each profession have the ability to support one another.   We don't have to wait for 20 mins + to find a healer player for PvP matches.  Or get remove from a party because you're not a healer.  The problem I just mention is what many players experience in several popular MMOs.   If you have any thoughts or comments about this video or post feel free to share them :D

As always have fun!

Finally got to watch the video - thanks for putting it up. It was made on the beta I guess? is pretty accurate tho imo even a year into the game - the art is epic and it was interesting what they said about if we could fly that it would reduce the scale of the game as well as allow content to be avoided - but I still would like to fly lol. Also I guess scaling and dynamic events do help to increase replayability - although I really think this - lack of replayability and story thread in the game - is a major issue anet still is grappling with.They have said new content and new dragons next year I think so fingers crossed that the story arc develops. see y'all in game.

reapex
Life Of The Party

Yup!  Video was made with beta footage, "more things change..the more they stay same."  I agree, what was covered in the video still seems mostly accurate to this day.  Flying would be cool but whenever I'm underwater I think of it as I'm flying XD.  I hope they implement replayable story soon.   For anyone that missed the replayable story post it can be found here (225 views so far :D):

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/Personal-Story-Extended-Replay-Value

Yup, supposedly some huge change in the Sylvari next year.   It will most likely include Scarlet and Caithe in my opinion.  Scarlet is very interesting but she belongs on a new thread lol.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum